Friday, January 30, 2009

My Girl

Conversations with Kendall this morning:

Kendall: Mom, none of my friends have cool music on their ip*d.

Me: Really, what do you mean?

Kendall: Well, nobody in my class but me has David Cook, Chris Daughtry, Bon Jovi, or Rascall Flatts...(dramatic pause)...So, I asked them, "What have you been living under a rock or something?"

Me: Well, Kendall, I guess their parents haven't exposed them to all the cool music like yours have.

Kendall: That's right, mom, you're the best!

Oh yeah...THAT'S MY GIRL!!!!

So a little later we get in the car to take Kendall to safety patrol (one of her many extra-cirricular school activities) and we are talking in the car, we are listening to 107.5 the River (for all of you Franklin-ites - Y107) and there is a song playing from some new 15 year old boy band...the lyrics said "how will I find you" or something like that...(honestly, it is not my favorite station and I wasn't really paying attention)...but once the lyrics were sung Kendall says:

Kendall: You will be able to find me because 1st I'm going to Heritage Middle School, 2nd I'm going to Indepence High School and then I'm going to Ole Miss. By the way, where in MS is Ole Miss?

Me: Oxford

Kendall: That's right...I always just tell my friends MS.

Me: So what do you think your major will be?

Kendall: What's a major? (Dramatic pause)...Oh, yeah, you mean, what am I going to be when I graduate from Ole Miss?

Me: Right

Kendall: A teacher, an archeologist, or a musician.

Oh yeah...THAT'S MY GIRL!!!!

No comments: