Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Killing Me Softly

This week I have had two conversations with my kids that just about killed me...2 different kids...2 different types of killing me....

Conversation with Tay-Tay:

Tay: Mom, this afternoon, there were kids on the bus cussing, and it just destroyed me.

Me: Destroyed? Don't you mean that you were distraught?

Tay: No, I was destroyed. It broke my heart that kids would be using those words...and Mom, it wasn't the "okay" cuss words like you and Bebe use, or ones like I hear in PG-13 movies, it was the really bad ones!!!

Me: Oh, really, ouch, ummm......I'm so sorry you had to hear that hon.

Tay: It's okay, mom, I'm alright.

Conversation with Reid:

Reid: So mom, when you say that you are going to kill me, do you mean you are going to KILL kill me, or just that you are going to beat me?

Me: It just means that I am going to give you a really bad spanking, not that I'm actually going to KILL kill you.

Reid: Well, if you do KILL kill me, that's okay, because I'm going to heaven.

No argument from me, you will be going to heaven (see the Happy Day post). Glad you are comfortable with me killing you...just in case...

Melissa

No comments: