Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Alone

While watching TV on Sunday evening as a family, a commercial comes on in which a dad is speaking of how embarassing it is to speak to your children about sex.

...Note while reading...words in italics were said with extreme emphasis...

Reid, who is working on a pirate Lego set at the time, chimes in with "Why in the world would you want to talk to your kids about sex?"

I answered (after picking up my jaw off the floor) "Reid, parents have to discuss sex with their kids, things like what sex is, when to have sex..."

Reid: Really, well I already know about sex.

Me: Okay, what do you know about sex?

Reid: I don't want to talk about it.

Me: Okay, so do you know when you are supposed to have sex?

Reid: "DUUUHHH!!!! When you are alone!"

Ryan and I could not help but laugh (hysterically I might add) and Kendall is on the couch rolling her eyes wishing she could crawl under a rock and disappear.

...Once we regained composure...

Me: No, let me rephrase, at what point in your life do you have sex?

Reid: Ummmmm....

Me: Rephrasing again, You can have sex when you get......

Reid: Married?!?!?

Me: Whew, at least you answered that one right! Ryan, you need to speak to your son!

Oh my goodness, I've said it before, and I'm sure I will say it a million times....I am in SOOOO much trouble with this precious 8 year old!!!!

Melissa

No comments: