Thursday, August 13, 2009

Stuck in the "Middle" with You

Today was Tay-Tay's first day of Middle School. How did she get this grown up and ready to enter 6th grade this fast? It seems like only yesterday that Granny Retta was telling me that Baby Rose was not big enough to go to school and she was talking about Sunshine Day School.

Tay-Tay's morning started off with Daddy waking her up, fixing her a blueberry waffle, getting dressed, brushing teeth and then flat-ironing her hair...that's right I said flat-ironing her hair. What's next, a little mascara and eyeliner? Yes, I know it is coming...

And notice I said that Daddy woke her up. Tay-Tay and I butt heads frequently. I'm thinking it is because we are too much alike. On Sunday, I got very frustrated with Kendall because she was being very moody over taking a picture with Mommy and Reid. As Ryan and I are discussing how to handle the situation, it was decided that Ryan would "handle" Tay-Tay and Melissa would "handle" Reid from now on. Of course, this was a conversation that Ryan and I had, and did not realize that Tay-Tay had overheard it. Can't wait for the day that Ryan gives her back over to me when she needs to go to Kr*ger for "girl stuff".

Here is Tay-Tay on her way to school...


If she were to ride the middle school bus, she would have to get on the bus at 6:27 am. School does not start until 7:30 am so, we thought this was a little extreme (for us and for her). So this is her new bus driver...Isn't he the cutest bus driver you've ever laid eyes on?

The first day went fabulously and to quote Tay, her schedule is "awesome", her teachers are "incredible" and middle school is going to be "great". I've heard all about her locker, locker mate, friends in her class, friends she saw in the hallway, and how one of her teachers was on the Wheel of Fortune (one of our favorite shows to watch together) and the he even was a winner of $4500. Woo-Hoo!!!

And now we are off to Tay-Tay's first middle school social event...I mean, football game, the first of many I'm sure!!! Our friend, Nunnar plays on the team so we've gotta go represent!! Go Hornets!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm getting old! Kendall was like 4 the first time I met her :o(

Big Nanny said...

I've already caved to clear mascara and some eye shadow:) I figure make-up is the least of my worries.