Monday, November 2, 2009

Life's What You Make It

I had to go back to the amazing Dr. R today for some foot surgery follow-up. Her office is off of West End Avenue, near the Vanderbilt campus. It is a hip and trendy part of Nashville where Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman are often spotted at Starbucks and Vince Gill and Amy Grant are spotted at Vandy games...more on that in a moment...

When Ryan and I started dating years ago, we adopted the "Life Is What You Make It" philosophy. We agreed that whenever the opportunity presented itself that we would have fun, stop and smell the roses, laugh, eat good food, and never let an opportunity slip by...So to spice up our doctor adventure today (and to maybe cure some of the my husband is out of work blues I was feeling), Ryan suggested that we eat at J. Alexander's for lunch. On West End. Where celebrities are spotted.

While we are eating, a very lovely and talented young lady and her friend arrive at the restaurant and get seated at the booth right beside the table where Ryan and I are sitting. Celebrity Sighting Alert...It was Miley Cyrus. Okay, so I would have preferred for it to be Jeff Gordon, Keith Urban, Rick Springfield, Jon Bon Jovi, etc. But a celebrity sighting is a celebrity sighting.

Now, as a professional stalker, I have been known to cause a scene when a celebrity crosses my path. But today...I smiled at Miley and let her eat lunch in peace. However, I did throw my purse up on the table and start texting from my phone to let all my peeps know that I was eating lunch with Miley. Too bad Tay-Tay wasn't with us - if she had been, I would have completely mortified her and made her talk to Miley so that I too could talk to her.

I wonder who I will eat lunch with tomorrow............

Melissa

No comments: