Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bond, James Bond

The Workman's love a good James Bond flick. I remember Ryan and I going to the movies to see GoldenEye. Ryan was like a kid in a candy store. Every time there is a Bond marathon on TV you can be sure the the Workman TV is set on the channel.

Last night, Ryan and I took Kendall and Reid to see their first ever in the theater, no TBS editing, THX Dolby Digital Sound, James Bond film. It was amazing. For the first time ever, (thanks to Fandango.com and Pop dropping Ryan off at the theater - Thanks, Pop!!) we were the first 4 people in the theater and we got to pick out the perfect seats to view the film. Center seats, 5 rows down from the top. Of course, we counted the seats on either side of us to make sure we were exactly in the center. So we are in our seats, popcorn, raisinettes and coke are flowing and the lights go down.....close up on the speeding wheels on the Aston Martin...the music starts, here we go....so exciting!!!

At one point Kendall leans over to me and says "Now, that is just COOL!" Reid was totally impressed with the "bad damage" of Bond's Aston Martin. Reid's quote of the evening, "I've never seen Bond with so much bad damage." Reid and I also jumped out of our seats at one point when a spy plane came out of nowhere, but according to Reid, he was just jumping to make me jump. No help needed, thank you!! Quantam of Solace is fast and furious and a great movie.

Honestly, Sean Connery was my favorite Bond....but then Pierce Brosnan came along and well, he quickly became my favorite James Bond. And now, I have a new favorite James Bond and his name is Daniel Craig. He is every thing Bond is supposed to be: tough but thoughtful, smart and witty, and of course, those blue eyes could get you anywhere!!!
Melissa

No comments: