Monday, December 29, 2008

Carol of the Bells

Carol of the "Southern" Belles and Beaux that is.....

This post is a week late, but it is well worth the wait!!

Ryan, Reid, Sweet Baboo, and I were invited to the 1st Annual Hankins Christmas Caroling party on Monday night, December 22. We had a blast. This is the first time that the Workman's had gone Christmas Caroling. Here is a pic of the whole gang outside at the McCoy's house.

This outing was such a blessing to me!! As you may or may not know, I lost my precious Granny 9 years ago on Christmas day. And for the past 8 years, Christmas has been a bummer!! But this year, God blessed me with great friends who helped me make this year merry and bright!! And as you can see from the picture, it was COLD outside, all those layers made us feel like Randy on "A Christmas Story"!!
We laughed, and sang, and laughed, and sang, and laughed, and sang, and tripped over sticks in dark yards, and Reid thought it was totally cool that Daddy was lighting candles in the car as we approached each home. Then, when we were frozen, starved and all sung out....we headed back to the Hankins for FOOD!!!

There was pasta salad, hot chicken cheese dip, sandwich fixins', mozzarella sticks, jezebel sauce, hot chocolate with peppermint, and PB & J's for the little ones - you know all the good stuff!!! And then....there was the fondue dessert....isn't it pretty?!?!

These are the beautiful angels that made my Christmas wonderful this year....Does it get any better than a great group of BFF's (or for those of you on staff at TSC, my VBF's)?!?!? I love each of you. You are precious and wonderful gifts!!!


And here are our wonderful husbands, friends and fathers that love me and my angels...unconditionally. They have many talents - cooking (see the pic above of the fondue and hot chocolate - thanks Mike Hankins), singing, making us laugh, watching football, chasing down children, and one of them is an all around cabana boy - and he's all mine...I love you, honey!!!

Oh, and the next time that you see Tim Brady, ask him how he has a "Holly, Jolly Christmas"!!!


Many wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!


No comments: