Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mr. Lonely

I think this is how my blog must feel - Mr. Lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely. My crazy writer has ditched me for her way too busy - eating Thanksgiving turkey, Christmas shopping, Christmas wrapping, decorating the house for Christmas, preparing for a Christmas musical, taking Kendall and Reid to various practices, watching college football - lifestyle.

But, alas, Mr. Blog, you have not been ditched. I am here today to tell a funny Reid story.

We bank at Suntrust and the new Suntrust bank in Spring Hill has these really high-tech drive thru's: instead of seeing your teller through the big glass window...you see them on this space age computer screen. I have to admit...I am not very comfortable with it. So today, Reid and I drive thru the bank to make a deposit. The conversation went something like this....

Space Age Drive Thru Teller on Computer Screen: Mrs. Workman, is there any thing else I can do for you today?

Me: No, thank you. (We start to drive away.)

Reid: Mom, how does the computer screen person know your name?

Me: Because it was on my deposit slip.

Reid: Why does the computer screen person know your name?

Me: So that she knows which account to put the money in.

Reid: Well, I guess that's a good reason! (Conversation ends.)

So for the first time ever, my answer to Reid's question was actually good enough for him to agree with me. Wow!! It is the season for miracles!!

Merry Christmas!!
Melissa

No comments: