Friday, December 19, 2008

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree



I am temporarily turning off the "project playlist" so that you, my 3 readers, can enjoy the sounds of my sweet baboo (a.k.a. Kendall) play Rockin' Around the Christmas tree song at her piano recital last night. She told me that she got butterflies just before she started playing and they are what caused the "rough spot" in the middle of the song.

All of Mrs. Heather's students did a fantastic job and it was a very enjoyable evening! And this year, we (Bebe and I) made it through the evening without bursting into tears. We even had to laugh when we both started singing the words to the Chipmunks "I just want a hula hoop" as the notes sprung from the piano.

Now, here is what all little brothers do during their sisters piano recital.....they sit on the floor and play legos.

We got home and I had to make a dessert for Friday nights event - check. Then, I had to mix up a hashbrown casserole for Sweet Baboo's classroom party - check, check. As I am mixing up the casserole....this is what I find....

Sidenote - several years ago, my sweet Ryan, made me this fabulous box for our Christmas tree. That way, the tree sits up high and presents can fit all around it and usually my Christmas train goes around the box, but so far this season, it is still in the garage in its box - oh well, there's always next year.


Little did I know that our 4.5 pound chihuahua, Maybelle, would think the stacked presents were a step ladder to the Christmas tree box. Oh, and you will notice Sunshine (our solid black cat) is now sitting on the Christmas box in the background. She thinks that the Christmas tree box is her perch for the months of November and December each year. Of course, Maybelle had other plans for the box and when Maybelle jumped up beside Sunshine, well, let's just say that Maybelle "treed" her first cat!!! So, of course, I yelled -

"Ryan - look at what YOUR dog is doing?!?!?!?!?! and grab the camera!!!"


Merry Christmas!

No comments: