Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust

Actually, it is Another One ALMOST Bites the Dust! Several years ago, I dropped a brand new cell phone in a 24 oz. ice cold diet coke. Not only did I ruin my phone, but the diet coke exploded all over my fairly new truck and my outfit. I still have diet coke splashes on the roof of the truck.

This afternoon, while working over at the church, I made a pit stop at the restroom. When my pit stop was complete, I flushed and stood up. Then, much to my horror, my brand new, not even 3 week old, full keyboard, ENVY II cell phone falls out of my pocket and into the toilet! I immediately grab it, grab paper towels and start drying. Of course, the phone starts going crazy and calling Ryan - 'cause he's first in my contacts, of course!! I am literally sick at my stomach at this point. Good thing I'm still in the restroom! How am I going to tell Ryan that I've ruined another brand new phone???

So, if this ever happens to you....take the phone back over to your office where one of your bestest friends, SS, tells you to take the phone completely apart. Place all of the pieces (including the SIM card) in front of your desk heater and turn the heater on low. Let the warm air flow around and through the phone for approximately one hour. Then, viola, the phone returns to normal function!

I did have to confess to Ryan that the phone had an accident. He was okay with it, but he was not looking forward to purchasing a new phone and now, thanks to S's brillance, he does not have to!! I love you, girl!! And I owe you, big time!!

Melissa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have heard that if you spill coffee on your phone or dunk it in coffee that you can put your phone in a bowl of rice...there is another step to that but I forget what this is at the moment.