Monday, September 29, 2008

These Boots Are Made for Walkin'

Okay so they weren't boots - they were tennis shoes. And we didn't walk over anybody - we walked around the Vanderbilt campus in Nashville. Bebe and I did make it the whole 3 miles much to Reid's shock and amazement. Reid rode his scooter for 2 miles, rode on Daddy's shoulder for 1/2 mile and walked the other 1/2 mile. We laughed, we cried, Kelsie's shoe kept coming untied and I only had to save Reid once from crashing into a parking meter. Man, that was close.

The Heart Walk on Saturday was amazing. We had beautiful weather. We were there with amazing friends. We walked in memory of our Granny and to honor Abigail and Susannah. It was amazing to stand in the sea of 1,000's and pray for Susannah's upcoming heart surgery. The Abigail's Angels team raised over $6800 for the American Heart Association! Thank you to everyone who donated to Ryan, Bebe, Jenny and I. We appreciate your love and support.

I stole this photo from TW's website. This is our official team photo. That's Abigail in the front holding the big red sign. We had our camera and we planned on taking wonderful pictures but unfortunately, we did not have fresh batteries. Big Nanny is going to email me her pictures so I'll add some to this page when I receive those.
Later in the day, we "walked" over to M & K's for some Alabama football and some good food. There's nothing like food, fun, friends and football. Does anyone know a song about things that start with the letter "F"? We laughed, and ate, and laughed, and screamed at the TV, and ate, and ate, and ate. Look at all of our pretty food: TN Nachos, 4 P Salad, Loaded Potatoes, Rotel, Pineapple Cheese Casserole, Bacon Wrapped Weines, Jezebel Sauce, Artichoke Dip, and the Sundrop Cake is in the kitchen - still warm and ooey-gooey. Southern Girls - we know how to make a killer appetizer and we know how to cheer at a college football game!!! Gotta love it!!!

It was a great college football weekend! Hotty Toddy to Ole Miss for their 31-30 win over Florida!!!! Way to go Rebels!!! Alabama beat Georgia. South Carolina beat UAB. Can't get better, right?!? Oh yes, it can - Tennessee LOST!! Yee-haw!!
Melissa

2 comments:

Four Better or Worse!?!?! said...

And again a SunDrop cake is made and I am unable to consume any. I wonder what my waist line would look like if I started making one a week to eat for breakfast.

Teresa said...

I found you! I've been looking for a week and thanks to Big Nanny I finally found you!! Great blog by the way.

We loved having you walk with our team. If only you had invited me over for the sundrop cake. That looks like my kind of party.