Thursday, March 12, 2009

Don't Go Breakin' My "Heart" Part I

And by the "Heart" quotes, I mean Don't Go Breakin' Your Sister's Arm, Reid!!!

So, I told you to stay tuned to find out what happened to Kendall while I was down in the Dirty South going to Broadway shows, filling up on yummy Southern cuisine, and playing with Baby Davis...

Friday evening, I called Ryan to check-in, to let him know that I missed him, that the show was fabulous and to check on the kids. He did mention that Kendall had hurt her arm while playing with Reid, but in his Daddy manhood - he thought it wasn't really hurt and she was just being dramatic....really, Kendall, dramatic...???!!! I also let him know that it would be late when I got home on Saturday. He let me know that he and Reid were going to Uncle Tim's to go four wheeling for the day and that Kendall had decided to stay at Bebe's for the day. The conversation went something like this - Sounds like a good plan, love you, love you, too, have fun shopping tomorrow, have fun and be careful on the four wheelers, see you tomorrow...blah, blah, blah.

I returned home late on Saturday evening. Ryan is in the garage putting the four wheelers up...he casually mentions that Bebe thought that Kendall was running fever earlier and that Bebe had given her some tylenol. Okay, no big deal, right? Kendall and Reid were upstairs watching Harry Potter so of course, they did not come down to greet me, which is not unusual...especially since I told them NOT to expect souveniers from the Sunday School conference. I hollered up the stairs, "Hey kids, I'm home, going to bed, love you" to which they replied, "Love you, too" - Kendall may have said something about her arm pain but since I was told that the injury was "no big deal" I just said, "I am so sorry to hear that...love you, goodnight"...and off to bed I went.

Sunday morning arrives WAY to early since it is Daylight Savings Time and time to spring forward. Ryan and I get up and start our Sunday morning routine. Then Ryan goes up to wake the kids. He comes back downstairs with a very worried look on his face..."I don't think that Kendall is okay" he says. So I say, "Really, why not?"...Pause..."Well, I just took her temperature and it is 102.5, and she can not move her arm." What...I thought the arm thing was no big deal...I barely remember you saying that she had a fever...did you actually take care of the kids while I was away for 3 days...What are you saying? Okay, focus, make a few phone calls, drop Reid off at Bebe's, take a quick shower, brush teeth, and off to the ER on Sunday morning we go...


She was feeling really crummy and did not want to smile but I made her do it anyway...can't have an ER pic with a frown...which may be why she has such a fake smile on her face.

Stay tuned for the ER details and to find out how the arm injury actually happened.....


No comments: