Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

It took me forever to come up with a blog title. There was an entire lunch dedicated to finding just the right title for a blog. Serious props to KCJ for finally landing on the right one and props to TJS for completing the thought with the song title as blog titles idea and props to BG for helping me with the idea for this post.

I've been wanting to start a blog for quite awhile but I never could come up with just the right explanation of myself. I don't really have a nickname to use like Big Nanny, my husband was not happy with me using the word "stalker" in my blog title,and even though I love Nascar...I just could not make "Last Lap with Mel"or "Mel's Finish at the Checkered Flag" not sound like I was on my death bed. But, my, my, there were a few good titles along the way. Here are just a few for you to enjoy.

MelRose's Place - The most perfect name ever. My name is Melissa Rose. I have always loved it. I even had MelRose on my vanity plate when I was young and dumb enough to pay for vanity plates. But because of a show that I dearly love, the name was already taken.

Confessions of a Redneck Stalker - Because that's who I am. I have OCD and I don't do anything without putting my heart and soul into doing it. Just ask TJ about my straw fettish, or ask Vince Gill why he accused me of stalking him, or ask Jeff Gordon why there is a poster of me at Hendrick Motorsports with the caption "If you see this girl, please call SECURITY!!"

Nut Free Zone or No Nuts Allowed - This is because I am highly allergic to pecans, almonds, cashews, etc. But if this was my blog name, could those of you reading it right now, really continue to read it? Didn't think so!!

Hey Y'all Watch This - Okay, well, I do kinda like to live on the edge and I usually end up wearing a walking boot or having knee surgery afterwards!

Blue Bunny Bonnie Confessions - Blue Bonnie was my character for VBS Water Wars 2008. While the name was funny, it just didn't scream "me".

So finally, after an hour, we came to karaoke confessions. I love music. I randomly break out into song quite frequently. I love all types of music from Elvis to Rick Springfield to Harry Connick, Jr. to Rascal Flatts to Nelly (edited versions, of course) to Mandisa to Mercy Me to musicals like Mama Mia and Hairspray. Like I said, all types of music.


I also love to sing karaoke. And I love to tell stories about my crazy life - which is where the confession part kicks in.

My goal with this blog is to tell my crazy stories using the title or a lyric from a song for each post. So now, I Have Found What I'm Looking For - a blog title - Karaoke Confessions. Don't you just love it? Actually, Big Nanny has challenged me to continue to keep coming up with song titles for the blog entries, don't worry Big Nanny, I will succeed - I love a good challenge!

Melissa

3 comments:

Four Better or Worse!?!?! said...

I believe you are up for the challenge of ensuring each post is named after a song. I know you can do it. You go girl! Hopefully TROUBLE won't have to be used again too soon!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the props! Does that make me one of you now?

Big Nanny said...

oh, I know you can do it, I just wanted to intensify the challenge!

you're going to make me type goofy letters before I leave a comment. I hate that.