Tuesday, September 16, 2008

T R O U B L E

In the famous words of Elvis (and Travis Tritt - but Elvis did it first!) - I smell T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!! To make a long story short, Reid's teacher just called the house. I don't think any of my teachers ever PERSONALLY called my parents house. They probably should have, but they didn't. Reid is my 7 year old son. He is my precious, sweet, highly active, hand-eye coordinated, can do anything including lying, arguing, trading Pokemon cards on the playground, not bringing homework home kind of boy. Those last 4 items in the list is why we got a call from his teacher. Sidebar - While Ryan was on the phone with Mrs. H, Reid looks at Kendall as they are sitting on the couch and says "I am SO grounded!" As they say in the south - "You will pay for your raisin'". Well, Reid Thomas Workman will be my payment. I just feel really bad for Ryan (Engineer Boy). He was a good kid. Why does he have to pay for all of the many times my parents should have been called?

Whew, glad he made the first post easy!!!

Melissa

5 comments:

rediahn said...

So, what did Reid's teacher have to say? I'm dyin' to know. Reflecting about younger growing pains helps me not to wallow in my older growing pains with my own children.

Awesome job! You're so hip and cool now!

Anonymous said...

YEAH MEL!!! I'm so proud of you. Great first blog... even if you need to bust Reid!!! Sheesh!

And also let me say what an awesome name you have for your blog! Brilliant!!! :-)

Love you!
Kimberly J.

Anonymous said...

You know, this means he will probably be a preacher someday!

Unknown said...

I still think you should write a blog about all the titles this thing had before you decided on Karaoke Confessions. Don't forget, Kimbo gets the residuals for this one! :-)

Four Better or Worse!?!?! said...

First off, be happy that you only have one child that is going to make you pay for all you did to your parents. I have somehow ended up with four children just like me! How does that work? I don't know - but so far NONE of them have Jeff's nice, quiet, sweet attitude. And secondly, I find it quite funny that 3 of your first 4 comments on your blog are from people that you work with, that you see everyday, and that probably knew you were going to blog about this. Couldn't they have just laughed with you about it at lunch it a few hours? And thirdly, and I will close with this point, I agree with Stephanie. I think Reid is on his way to being a pastor!